Familial Multiple Lipomatosis (FML) Treatment
Familial Multiple Lipomatosis is an extremely rare condition characterized by multiple lipomas, generally painless, distributed throughout the body and extremities. Diagnosis occurs when it is found in more than one family member, sometimes over numerous generations.
Lipomas found in areas not on the head or shoulders are a primary symptom of Familial Multiple Lipomatosis. The lipomas can occur on the hypodermis, the lower layer of the skin, and connective tissues. They tend to be painless, but can cause irritation. Progression of lipomas can lead to disfigurement, impaired mobility, or even disability.
Physical examination and medical history review by a licensed physician specializing in lipid fat disorders
Treatment of Familial Multiple Lipomatosis
- In the past, surgical removal was always the option, however patients end up with unsightly scarring.
- Liposuction was utilized to minimize scarring, however it is very difficult to remove the entire tumor. If the entire tumor is not removed, the risk of the mass recurring increases greatly.
- We have a process that converts the tumor into a liquid consistency, and can be removed by suctioning through a small incision. Dr. Volshteyn has contrived a cutting-edge method of removing these tumors with ultrasonic destruction with minimal incisions.
- Little to no discomfort or downtime
- Ideal for removal of multiple lipomas
- Can be done under local anesthesia
- In many cases no sutures are needed
Call us today to schedule your consultation 732-641-3350
Dr. Volshteyn is a board certified Plastic Surgeon, who is
reconstructive and plastic surgery.
Dr. Daniels is the Medical Director of Daniels Vein
Center, and is a highly skilled
Janet P Parler MD is one of the most respected and
experienced board certified plastic
and reconstructive surgeons in New Jersey.
"I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me. You saved my
life. I would never do
cosmetic surgery abroad EVER. I am not ready to have the reconstruction
done yet, but when I am ready,
there is no-one else I would trust." -Esmeralda F
"The nightmare is finally over. My stomach looks absolutely wonderful...
I will see you next fall for
my face and I promise to quit smoking."
Read More Reviews
Call Us Today