With Liposuction being one of the most popular treatments performed by Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeons, techniques and procedures have been introduced to make the treatment easier to perform and from which to heal. Adding a Tumescent solution to Liposuction is one such advancement.
Tumescent fluid is a solution made up of saline solution, local anesthesia and adrenaline. This combination helps to separate the unwanted fat from other tissue, minimizing blood loss as well as any discomfort the patient may feel. The results have been extremely positive, making it one of the most popular ways to perform liposuction.
The Benefits of Tumescent Liposuction
- Tumescent Liposuction helps to separate the fat from the other tissue so the procedure itself does not take as long to perform as it would without Tumescent Liposuction.
Fewer Risks and Complications
- Tumescent Liposuction does not take as long to perform as Liposuction without it so the patient needs less anesthesia, limiting risks associated with anesthesia.
- Tumescent Liposuction minimizes bleeding so there is less risk of hematomas and bruising.
Less Pain and Discomfort
- Tumescent Liposuction includes local anesthesia. One of the benefits with this is that the patient experiences less discomfort after the procedure.
Less Trauma to the Surrounding Tissues
- Tumescent Liposuction makes the unwanted fat easier to separate from surrounding tissues so that the tissues and muscles experience less trauma during the procedure.